Corre Caminos Passenger Conduct Rules
Our transit agency is committed to provide safe, accessible, timely and professional services for our customers. We can provide such a service only when our passengers respect and follow certain safety and courtesy rules. Therefore, we thank you, the passengers boarding our vehicles, for adhering the rules listed below:
- All passengers must be able to sit in a bus seat or wheelchair in order to be transported.
- Any passenger whose medical condition is such that the passenger is incoherent or requires immediate medical attention to sustain life may be denied service. ADA paratransit service is to be considered a “common carrier” and does not perform ambulance or emergency service.
- If the driver reasonably believes a passenger’s physical condition or conduct is hazardous, or if a passenger possesses weapons, instruments or equipment that are reasonably believed to be dangerous, service may be terminated immediately. The passenger will be notified of his/her right to appeal the termination and Corre Caminos will hear the appeal as soon as reasonably possible
- Please follow the driver’s instructions at all times. All vehicles are radio equipped and have marked emergency exits. In the event of an emergency, follow the driver’s instructions.
- Please pay fares or show a valid pass to the driver when boarding. We accept exact change for fares only. No refunds. No passengers will be allowed to board without paying.
- For your safety, please do not stand from your seat while the vehicle is moving. Wait until the vehicle has come to a complete stop and the driver informs you that it is safe to exit. Do not sit or stand in areas other than those designated for sitting or standing. Seats designated for senior citizens or persons with disabilities are to be surrendered at the drivers’ request.
- Harassment of the driver or of fellow passengers will not be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to verbal or physical abuse, threats, or physical contact.
- Please be courteous while riding the vehicle. No fighting, horseplay (pushing, shoving, running, jumping, throwing objects, etc.), or abusive language. Lewd or offensive conduct and indecent exposure will not be tolerated. No spitting inside or from the bus. Do not defecate, urinate, or release other bodily fluids on the bus or the bus stop facilities. Persons with personal hygiene standards that are determined to be a health hazard to other passengers will not be allowed to board.
- DO NOT distract the bus operator. Musical instruments, radios, and other electronic devices are not to be played on the bus, except through headphones. The volume must be low enough that the person next to you cannot hear.
- Please maintain control of your packages and possessions. Though Corre Caminos is not responsible for lost or stolen property, report losses to the driver or office. For Safety reasons, no passenger will be allowed to board the bus with more packages /or baggage than can be tucked underneath the seat below the passenger and/or than the passenger can hold and maintain control of in their arms.
- No smoking, eating, chewing tobacco or drinking on the bus.
- Weapons, open alcoholic containers, illegal drugs are not permitted on buses. Corre Caminos reserves the right of the driver to ask to see the contents of a package if he or she suspects a package may contain an open container of alcohol. Illegal drugs are not permitted on the bus at any time. Any person found in possession of such drugs will immediately be reported to law enforcement. Hazardous, flammable, and toxic materials are not allowed on the bus.
- Service animals accompanying individuals with disabilities are welcome, but must be under the control of the passenger at all times on buses and transit service property. Passengers with animals who do not remain under control will be removed from the property. Pets are allowed on the bus as long as they are in an approved sealed container.
- Do not project items, arms, or any other part out of the window. Do not throw any object from the bus.
Any Refusal to comply with these rules may result in the driver instructing the passenger to exit the bus. Corre Caminos reserves the right to suspend or terminate riding privileges of clients who violate these rules.
Thank you for riding your Corre Caminos– have a safe and enjoyable trip!